modified low carb, gluten recipe from "Cooking with Coconut Flour", p. 52
1/2 cup Trader Joe's Organic Pumpkin
1/2 cup Butter, melted or coconut oil
1/2 cup Mestiza Coconut Sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground mace
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 cup sifted coconut flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1. Prehead over to 375 F or 175 C.
2. Blend together the pumpkin, eggs, butter, sugar, spices and salt.
3. Combine sifted coconut flour and baking powder, and mix into pumpkin mixture.
4. Fold the pecans or walnuts.
5. Pour into a 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out
6. Remove from pan and cool on rack.
7. Serve warm with butter.
Bruce Fife, ND, 2005